Make an impact today. Support the Bay Area's 39-year leader in music education for girls and young women by making a donation.
The San Francisco Girls Chorus provides accessible, comprehensive music education and performance programs that serves Bay Area girls from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds. SFGC's programs are built on the highest standards of artistic excellence. The Chorus sets challenging goals and teaches the skills necessary to reach those goals. This fusion of art and skills – discipline, self-confidence, teamwork, perseverance, respect for others – shapes girls into confident, capable young women.
If you would like to support the mission and work of SFGC and join our donor family, please know that making a fully tax-deductible contribution today is easy. You can click the above button to donate online or mail your gift to our office, at 44 Page Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94102.
SFGC gratefully acknowledges the extraordinary generosity of our donors. Please find a list honoring these valued supporters here.
Key Facts and Figures
- The San Francisco Girls Chorus is a five-time Grammy-Award winning ensemble with an extensive discography of more than a dozen recordings
- More than 300 girls and young women from all nine Bay Area counties participate in SFGC's six choral ensembles each year, including the elite Premier Ensemble, the four-level Chorus School, and the Preparatory Chorus for young girls ages 4-7
- SFGC presents and performs in 25+ public performances each year which reach 40,000 people
- Nearly a third of enrolled choristers receive need-based scholarship support, with the average scholarship covering 67% of the cost of tuition
- Free in-school and outreach programs are offered all across the Bay Area each year, reaching underserved youth
- Annual repertoire comprised of 100 selections in 12 languages, spanning 6 centuries from classical, folk, world music and contemporary styles
- Continued leader and innovator in the field, commissioning leading composers to produce contemporary choral works
- Annual operating budget of $2.4 million
- Revenue sources: 30% donations and grants; 40% tuition and fees; 8% performances and bookings; 20% Kanbar Performing Arts Center rentals; and 2% other income
The 2015-16 season was another exciting year of growth and groundbreaking performances. Together our choristers, faculty and artistic leadership continue to expand the reach of the SF Girls Chorus and bring critical acclaim to our organization. We invite you to download a copy of the annual report and enjoy the achievements of the past year.